This One's All About Madeline

>> Friday, May 16, 2008

Talking to her 'peeps.
Just waking up, checking out the sunlight.
Doing the morning jig.
She's obtaining a shoe fetish already!


Since being back from New Zealand and with Brittany having her surgery, I've spent much more time at home this past week helping care for the kids. In doing so, I've had the pleasure of spending more time with little Madi. I'm usually with Ethan more and Britt with Madi because ET wants to do tough stuff, boy stuff with dad so I don't get as much time with Madi.

It still amazes me how smart she is and how fast she learns. Britt and I both believe that she learns faster with having an older sibling around to watch and learn from – the good and the bad. While I was gone she learned to say "ABC", "123", "Daddy(!)", "Done", "More", and a ton of other words that actually help Britt and I out to know what she wants. It's cool. She even throws away, (among other things), her dirty diapers! You wait, next we'll have her mowing the yard.

Her current interests/obsessions are: Books, shoes, Fruit Loops, mom's purse/phone/makeup, sticking finger in nose, drawing with chalk in the driveway, climbing on brother's bed and laughing hard when dad's rear end makes noise.

1 comments:

Curtis Family May 16, 2008 at 4:41 PM  

Hope you and the family are doing good. Tell Britt hello and hope she has been healing up.

The pool area and backyard are coming along good. We had the pool done by a company, and then Tricia and I have been laying rock flower beds, sysnthetic grass and a large patio. The pool is great and will be a treat in the summer time.

Anytime you want to come out with the family come on down. We have a spare room with a bed and a couch in it for sleeping, and things are pretty mellow around here.

Great seeing all the photos of the family and the trip to New Zealand, looks great.

Have a good one and we'll talk down the road. Adios!