Bowl On…

>> Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ethan doing the Kingpin jig

A bowler needs her energy


T-R-O-U-B-L-E

Ethan giving Mom some pointers

Giving the birthday girl a kiss

Last Saturday we celebrated Tamera's birthday in Idaho Falls style – pizza and bowling!

Papa Tom's Pizza has THE best pizza this side of the Rocky Mtns…period. The place is like an institution to some. It's been around for generations and still kicks out the jams. This is the same establishment that Britt and I, along with our misfits of friends, used to hang out at before we had any responsibilities (kids) and bills (mortgage). It's also the same establishment where on my 27th birthday we got into a full-on bar room/pool hall fight with a group of other misfits. I won't go into details other than on that night I saw Britt show her true colors when she started nailing this thug that was punching the side of my head as I was trying to get up off the floor. Hell yeah, now that's love baby. Thank God there was none of that on Tamera's birthday.

Later we hit another I.F. insitution by the name of Bowl-ero. Clad in stylish bolwing shoes one can only appreciate in person (it must be so no one will want to steal them), we had a blast hurling 13 lb. balls down the hardwood floors. Ethan realized that real bowling is a lot harder than Wii bowling, but he still loved it. Madeline had fun just running around and munching on fries with Grandma as Brittany and I tried to bowl over 100 (I really suck).

The temperatures have been fridgid and cabin fever is starting to set in. This time of year Britt and I always talk about moving, but it never happens. I've been yearning to move back to the ocean. Going to New Zealand last spring really left a longing for the island lifestyle again. Brittany would like to as well but we both agree that right now our families are most importantto us and the kids. Idaho Falls is not a horrible place to live but I think it could be better. Since living here for 22 eyars now I've noticed that a lot of people here tend to be white and uptight. Oh well, your life is what you make of it no matter where you live I guess. I'm just glad we have suportive and loving family members and our close-knit friends to enjoy.

2 comments:

Clayton & Charish Hubbard January 22, 2009 at 6:46 PM  

I sure love that post matt. Especially the hall fight... my sister... no way!! It must be love!

Curtis Family January 23, 2009 at 6:23 AM  

Great Post! I remember those days, and that night at Papa Toms. It has been awhile. Not sure I can say that I miss them now, but it was fun...AZ is always nice this time of year, & the sea of cortez a mere 4-5 hours away, although not great surf. Stay warm!