Warm River Camping=Chillaxin' 1
>> Friday, August 14, 2009
Last weekend was spent at Warm River Campground outside of Ashton, ID. The main goal was to float the Henry's Fork but, alas, the weather was too cool for any bodies to be dippin in the "Warm" River, (it's a misnomer).
It was a good opportunity to just relax and let the kids play at camp while the adults all sat around gossiping. Tamera made a kick ass dutch oven dinner that had me bloating to the gill as I laid in my tent trying to sleep. Then, Jeff and Tamara filled us up again the next morning with an awesome breakfast. Ahhh, car camping in Idaho.
Jeff took Ethan, Jaxon and Legend fishing. Ethan loves to fish. He tells me, "Dad, you climb so you don't know how to fish (he's right about that). I fish. I'll show you how to fish, o.k.?" He must know what he's doing because he caught 2 German Browns – way to go ET!
While the boys were fishing, Brittany and I took Madeline up to the lower Mesa Falls lookout. I forgot how beautiful the Mesa Falls area is. It's crazy to think that the whole area up there, including Island Park, is a caldera, an old volcano. You can tell by all the fractured basalt columns and boulders strewn along the steep hillsides that lava once flowed heavily up there. Idaho and hot lava – who'd a thunk?





0 comments:
Post a Comment