Old Dog, New Tricks

>> Sunday, March 7, 2010

Scott, aka Turbo, making it look easy and graceful thru the funk.

Me, making it look not-so-graceful.

Turbo going up on the Kelly Mtn Highway.

Scott Stevens and I snuck in an early Sunday "sidecountry" ski at Kelly's today. It was my second time on AT gear, (free heels going up, locked heels coming down). I've been toying with the idea of adding AT skis to my winter shenanigans. Thanks to my friend Rick, I've been able to demo his AT gear without committing to spending the moola on it yet. And I've got to say I'm hooked.

Today's off-trail conditions were horrible but it was much better skiing the nasty-crust-make-you-endo-snow with locked heels than my tele gear. I only ate it twice!

2 runs off piste, then 2 on to make the skiing actually enjoyable.

I'm not giving up my splitboard but will certainly be looking for deals on AT gear for next season. Stoked!

0 comments: