Hangin' with JStar
>> Tuesday, August 21, 2012
Being a climbing junkie, I follow a few of the pro climbers' blogs and other social media outlets to stay up to date and whatnot on current climbing affairs. Plus, I like to try to get a bit more insight into what make some of these athletes tick. What I've admired about Jonathan is that, unlike some of the other pro climbing athletes I've read interviews on, he seems way down to earth, humble, honest and most of all STOKED! So it was great to actually hang with the guy and see that he really is all that.
Mike, Jonathan and myself.
Mike, JStar and I were all individually on a mission to bolt new routes – and holy shit, did we ever! Mike got a couple of short and hard lines in. I equipped a couple of long hard rigs on the Solstice Wall and Jonathan equipped a couple of stout lines as well – one that will change the Fins forever.
Siegrist upper right working on the mega project.
Dr. B equipping a new line of his.
Limestone "barnacles". You don't want to cheesegrate on those suckas!
Rick joined us on Sunday and had a good show (despite a cold) on the long endurance route, Wings for Mary. Next time for sure dude! I was able to lead through on my new project, High on Fire, that'll probably clock in around .13a or b. I bolted a variation off the 7th bolt that breaks left to a longer and harder finish that might be .13c'sh. Meanwhile, Jonathan brought the vision to the Solstice Wall (and cajones) and starting equipping and testing gear placements for a 120' crack line on the left side of the wall that has been a running topic between some us for years. Way too hard looking for me. We'll see though.
Ricardo on Wings for Mary, .12b.
JStar bringing it to the Solstice Wall.


1 comments:
Great meeting you and hanging out! Cool blog. Thanks for the kind words. See you out there next weekend!! Cheers
Post a Comment